Terms of Service
1. Our quotations are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client.
2. Working Arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours, unless otherwise agreed.
3. Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
5. All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of Sefton Developments until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash. Unless otherwise agreed in a quotation (or other document), surplus building materials, waste materials and off cuts etc remain the property of Sefton Developments or our subcontractors or our suppliers. After final payment the client takes ownership of the; materials used to carry out the work only.
6. Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7. The main contractor being 'Sefton Developments’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labor to work on site. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
8. Payment: Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable to ‘Sefton Developments’. Bank Transfer details can be found at the bottom of your invoice. Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and deposits will be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A down payment is not usually required however arrangements may be made for a down payment in respect of the acquisition of bespoke or high value materials and in some other situations. Interim payments and final payment on completion of a contract is not reliant on the presentation of completion certificates with respect to GAS SAFE or Building Control Completion Certificates as they are subject to third party administration by the Local Authority etc. If a payment is not paid in full according to an agreed payment schedule Sefton Developments reserves the right to terminate the contract and will recover all monies and costs owed by the client.
9. All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
10. The above terms and conditions apply to 'Sefton Development'.